Being a Safe Place Host
Information for Organisations and Businesses who want to become a Safe Place
We are building a network of Safe Places across the County and City to support vulnerable people access community life.
A Safe Place is a place or business in the community where vulnerable people can go when they are in distress.
What are we asking Organisations and Businesses to do?
Display a Safe Places sticker in the window where it is clearly visible.
Ensure all your staff are aware at the scheme and what is expected of them. Offer a calm and reassuring environment. Offer the vulnerable person a seat in a public part of the building.
When the individual feels better, ask if they have a Stay Safe Card and try to find our what the problem is.
- Increased footfall in the business or service
- A good reputation for customer service - helping vulnerable people access and enjoy business and services in the community.
- Listing on the Nottingham Mencap website.
- Increased contact with the Police Service in a non-emergency capacity.
- What is the scheme?
- Why is it needed?
- What we need you to do
- Some tips in how to communicated with people with learning disabilities