Smile! Stop Hate Crime Project
Smile! Stop Hate Crime is dedicated to keeping people with learning disabilities and autism safe and fully included in the life of Nottingham City & County.
We aim to
- Increase understanding of what hate crime is and how to report it.
- Support the reporting of disability hate crime so that we can increase our understanding of Disability Hate Crime in Nottinghamshire.
- Ensure people with learning disabilities are welcome and are kept safe in all areas of our community.
- Ensure the voice of people with learning disabilities and their safety concerns are listened to and their needs met. In order to do this we will work with Nottingham Police, Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, the CPS, courts and councils.
What we are doing to work towards achieve these aims:
- Working with Volunteers to extend the reach of our project.
- Supporting people with learning disabilities to present their own safety concerns to the people who make decisions about our lives.
- Campaigning to create change by working with business, council and the third sector.
- Creating and delivering workshops, training sessions and events.
- Working with new and emerging communities on disability and The Equality Act 2010.
- Developing The Safe Places Scheme in partnership with the National Safe Places Scheme
Telephone: 0115 920 9524 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Company Limited by Guarantee Ref number 2474506 and Charity Commissioners Registration number 1046081